commons-user mailing list archives

From Young Gun <scott_cornw...@hotmail.com>
Subject test.value=foo
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:42:16 GMT

Ok this is bugging the heck out of me, I have the following (if there is a typo it is because
I have to type this by hand from one screen to next, don't ask) What am I doing wrong??:

example.xml loads user.properties

user.proerties has an entry:
dog.type = lab

dcb=new DefaultConfigurationBuilder("example.xml);
cc = (CombinedConfiguration) dcb.getConfiguration(true);

if I get the keys .. cc.getKeys() the key prints out as: dog/type

if I get the value cc.getString() it returns: null

IF I PUT the value as dog..type = lab (two periods) in user.properties then then it prints
dog.type as the key and lab as the value.

I refactor code where some of the property files have xxx.xxx = value and I see example of
this in the documentation. I can change all of them to double periods.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Scott