commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Variable interpolation across files broken
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:42:08 GMT

file, and then reference it in a XML file using the ${myvar} syntax. For example: global.properties-----myvar=abc
test.xml-----<products>
>    <product name="abc">
>      <desc>${myvar}-product</desc>
fileName="test.xml" config-name="test" validating="true">
>    <expressionEngine config-class="org.apache.commons.configuration.tree.xpath.XPathExpressionEngine"/>
>    <reloadingStrategy refreshDelay="5000" config-class="org.apache.commons.configuration.reloading.FileChangedReloadingStrategy"/>
> </xml>
> When I try to retrieve the value, like so: combinedConfig.getConfiguration("test").configurationAt("products/product[@name='abc']",
true).getString("desc") I get "${myvar}-product" instead of "abc-product". This was working
in Commons Configuration 1.6, but seems to be broken in 1.7 and 1.8. Did something change,
or is there a different way to do this? Or is this a bug?

This seems to be a regression between versions 1.6 and 1.7. Could you
please open a ticket in our bug tracking system [1]? Please attach your
test configuration files so we can reproduce the problem.

Thanks!
Oliver