commons-user mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] JavaMail works Commons Email does not
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:06:30 GMT
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Frank Sullivan
<fsullivan@strikeind.com> wrote:
> Nothing happens.  No exceptions.  No logging (I set logging for "org.apache.commons.mail"
to TRACE).  Nothing.

Thats weird. Have you tried to debug and look if all properties are
set or if the code is actually called?
Cheers

> Thanks, Frank

that uses Common Email.  Currently it only sends plain text messages. Here is basically what
happens:

>> HtmlEmail email = new HtmlEmail();
>> email.setHostName(smtpHost);
>> email.setAuthentication(smtpUser, smtpPassword);
>> email.setTextMsg(plainText); email.setSubject(subject);
>> email.addTo(recipientAddress); email.setFrom(fromAddress);
>> email.send();
>>
>> The problem is that is only works when invoke it from simple Java application.  It
does not work from a within the Spring service that is running in the Tomcat container.  Even
weirder is that if I put straight JavaMail code in the Spring service, it works!

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de