commons-user mailing list archives

From Moandji Ezana <mwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DbUtils] Returning the newly-generated primary key after an insert
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 16:19:20 GMT
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM, William Speirs <wspeirs@apache.org> wrote:

> That is a question more specific to the database you're using, than
> DBUtils. For some databases this means writing a stored procedure which
> performs the insert, and then a special select to get the primary key. You
> can of course use DBUtils to call this stored proc and read the primary
> key.

As Simone mentioned, I'd like to use Statement#getGeneratedKeys(), which
requires passing Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS to
Connection#prepareStatement(). It doesn't seem possible to do this with the
current API.

I've written my own QueryRunner for the time being, but it seems like a
common enough requirement to be in the library itself.

Moandji