commons-user mailing list archives

From Moandji Ezana <mwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbutils] Mapping from JPA annotations
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:08:23 GMT
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 3:52 PM, William Speirs <wspeirs@apache.org> wrote:

> No, JPA hasn't been added to DbUtils in any way. I'm not familiar with JPA,
> could you give an example of what you'd like to see in DbUtils?

I don't want it in DbUtils, it can be built purely as a 3rd party
extension. I was just wondering if someone knew of an existing  extension
so I don't have to do it myself.

As part of a partial implementation I've done, I found that creating a
JPA-aware BeanProcessor was enough to provide JPA support for ResultSet =>
Object. I also hope that this would be a good way to support joins, which,
I believe, DbUtils does not do.

My general goal is to automate a bit more than DbUtils does (e.g. by
generating basic queries from annotations and having mapping information
that's more flexible than just getters/setters), while still being able to
drop down to DbUtils's very nice lower-level functionalities.

Moandji