commons-user mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [dbutils] Mapping from JPA annotations
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:57:48 GMT
Hi,

from the commons-dbutils HomePage there is a statement:

+----------------------------------+
DbUtils is not:
 * An Object/Relational bridge - there are plenty of good O/R tools
already. DbUtils is for developers looking to use JDBC without all the
mundane pieces.
 * A Data Access Object (DAO) framework - DbUtils can be used to build
a DAO framework though.
 * An object oriented abstraction of general database objects like a
Table, Column, or PrimaryKey.
 * A heavyweight framework of any kind - the goal here is to be a
straightforward and easy to use JDBC helper library.

So I'd interpret that there shouldn't be any plan of supporting JPA
annotations - if you're looking for an Apache solution for JPA, have a
look at Apache OpenJPA[1].

Hope that helps, have a nice day!
-Simo

[1] http://openjpa.apache.org/