commons-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <sgoes...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [email] JavaMail works Commons Email does not
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 15:48:38 GMT
Hi Frank,

that's a feature - in order to minimize the dependencies there is no
logging framework used. But I'm surprised that no hint was found in the
stack trace ....

Siegfried Goeschl

On 12.01.12 01:30, Frank Sullivan wrote:
> Thanks everyone for you responses.  Chalk this one up to user misunderstanding/error.
>
> Siegfried suggestion was spot on.  Setting debug the true, showed the error: a bad email
address in the test data that the web app used.  I am surprised though that Commons Email
doesn’t make better use of logging.  In trying to figure this out I wrote my own wrapper
for JavaMail.  In my wrapper, I have "session.setDebug(log.isDebEnabled())".

session. Having said that some stepping though the code might provide some insight ... :-)

> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>
> On 10.01.12 12:06, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Frank Sullivan
>> <fsullivan@strikeind.com>   wrote:
>>> Nothing happens.  No exceptions.  No logging (I set logging for "org.apache.commons.mail"
to TRACE).  Nothing.
>> Thats weird. Have you tried to debug and look if all properties are
>> set or if the code is actually called?
>> Cheers
>>
>>> Thanks, Frank

module that uses Common Email.  Currently it only sends plain text messages. Here is basically
what happens:

 It does not work from a within the Spring service that is running in the Tomcat container.
 Even weirder is that if I put straight JavaMail code in the Spring service, it works!