commons-user mailing list archives

From "Klein, Raimund" <Raimund.Kl...@berenberg.de>
Subject AW: [configuration] Issues with XMLConfiguration
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:14:24 GMT
Hello again Oliver,

Thanks for the quick answer - and sorry for the long time until this one...

Anyway, as for the SubnodeConfigurations, you may already have noticed this is now registered
as Jira issue CONFIGURATION-472.

As for the formatting, I looked at the code and noticed that XMLConfiguration's createTransformer()
method already sets a few output properties. Unfortunately, there seems to be no standard
property key for the indentation number which is necessary according to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1264849/pretty-printing-output-from-javax-xml-transform-transformer-with-only-standard-j
. Since the solutions presented there rely on the underlying XML implementation, maybe XMLConfiguration
should keep its own (additional) map of output properties that can be specified by the user
(plus maybe a static map of default output properties)? After all, the user should know the
used XML implementation.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Raimund Klein

EDV / Software Entwickler