commons-user mailing list archives

From "Cameron, Scott" <scott.came...@sap.com>
Subject RE: [dbcp] Handling many different user accounts over time
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 07:30:41 GMT

> Interesting that this has not come up before.  You are right that PerUserPoolDataSource
does not bound the number of pools that can be created and SharedPoolDataSource does not bound
the total combined size of the keyed pool it maintains.  Please do open a JIRA requesting
the capability.

> An ugly but possibly adequate workaround would be to subclass either one of the datasources
above and override getPooledConnectionAndInfo to enforce a global bound that you maintain
in a new instance variable before calling the superclass method.

Thanks for the confirmation of the issue.  I've entered it into JIRA as DBCP-373.

The ugly work-around you suggest is actually exactly what we ended up doing to
get access the inner object pool object.  We're hoping we can replace it with
something nicer in the future but for now it does the trick with only a few
(admittedly stinky) lines of code.

Cheers,
scott