commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Issues with XMLConfiguration
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:47:24 GMT
Hello Raimund,

Am 21.12.2011 14:14, schrieb Klein, Raimund:
> Hello again Oliver,
>
> Thanks for the quick answer - and sorry for the long time until this one...
>
> Anyway, as for the SubnodeConfigurations, you may already have noticed this is now registered
as Jira issue CONFIGURATION-472.
Thanks.

> As for the formatting, I looked at the code and noticed that XMLConfiguration's createTransformer()
method already sets a few output properties. Unfortunately, there seems to be no standard
property key for the indentation number which is necessary according to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1264849/pretty-printing-output-from-javax-xml-transform-transformer-with-only-standard-j
. Since the solutions presented there rely on the underlying XML implementation, maybe XMLConfiguration
should keep its own (additional) map of output properties that can be specified by the user
(plus maybe a static map of default output properties)? After all, the user should know the
used XML implementation.

Or we could make it easier to inject a custom transformer. Maybe by
providing something like a TransformerFactory?

Oliver

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
>
> Raimund Klein
>
> EDV / Software Entwickler
>

> BERENBERG BANK
>
> Joh. Berenberg, Gossler&  Co. KG
>
> Neuer Jungfernstieg 20
>
> 20354 Hamburg
>

> Telefon +49 40 350 60-8129
>
> Telefax +49 40 350 60-955
>
> E-Mail raimund.klein@berenberg.de
>
> www.berenberg.de

will perform the same node conversion?

> This is not by intension, it is rather a missing feature (well, maybe even a bug). Could
you please open a ticket in our bug tracking system [1] for this? It's a good idea to let
XMLConfiguration return a specific SubnodeConfiguraition with an overridden createNode() method.

>> - Is there a way to assign a formatter to changed XMLConfigurations when saving?
I've found inspecting and maybe even changing the stored configuration files by hand a bit
cumbersome, as there is apparently no such thing as auto-indent. As I'm expecting my files
to grow over time, this would come in quite handy.

> Unfortunately, there is no support for formatting yet. This would certainly be a nice
new feature. However, I am not sure what would be a suitable interface for such a formatter?

> Thanks
> Oliver
>
> [1] http://commons.apache.org/configuration/issue-tracking.html
>
>> Other than that, I'm quite happy with what I've found so far. :-)
>>
>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
>>
>> Raimund Klein
>>
>> EDV / Software Entwickler
>>

>> BERENBERG BANK
>>
>> Joh. Berenberg, Gossler&   Co. KG
>>
>> Neuer Jungfernstieg 20
>>
>> 20354 Hamburg
>>

>> Telefon +49 40 350 60-8129
>>
>> Telefax +49 40 350 60-955
>>
>> E-Mail raimund.klein@berenberg.de
>>
>> www.berenberg.de<outbind://75/www.berenberg.de>
>>

>> Sitz: Hamburg - Amtsgericht Hamburg HRA 42659
>>

>> Diese Nachricht einschliesslich etwa beigefuegter Anhaenge ist
>> vertraulich und kann dem Bank- und Datengeheimnis unterliegen oder
>> sonst rechtlich geschuetzte Daten und Informationen enthalten. Wenn
>> Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese Nachricht irrtuemlich
>> erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender über die
>> Antwortfunktion. Anschliessend moechten Sie bitte diese Nachricht
>> einschliesslich etwa beigefuegter Anhaenge unverzueglich vollstaendig
>> loeschen. Das unerlaubte Kopieren oder Speichern dieser Nachricht
>> und/oder der ihr etwa beigefuegten Anhaenge sowie die unbefugte
>> Weitergabe der darin enthaltenen Daten und Informationen sind nicht
>> gestattet. Wir weisen darauf hin, dass rechtsverbindliche Erklaerungen
>> namens unseres Hauses grundsaetzlich der Unterschriften zweier
>> ausreichend bevollmaechtigter Vertreter unseres Hauses beduerfen. Wir
>> verschicken daher keine rechtsverbindlichen Erklaerungen per E-Mail an
>> Dritte. Demgemaess nehmen wir per E-Mail au
> ch keine rechtsverbindlichen Erklaerungen oder Auftraege von Dritten entgegen.
>> Sollten Sie Schwierigkeiten beim Oeffnen dieser E-Mail haben, wenden Sie sich bitte
an den Absender oder an info@berenberg.de. Please refer to http://www.berenberg.de/my_berenberg/disclaimer_e.html
for our confidentiality notice.