commons-user mailing list archives

From Erlend Aakre <Erlend.Aa...@q-free.com>
Subject [sanselan] Unable to read jpeg comment field
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:38:45 GMT
I have 2 images, one has almost no metadata (no EXIF), it just has the
JPEG Comment field set (not to be confused with the exif user comment
field).

When I try to read metadata from it:
IImageMetadata meta = Sanselan.getMetadata(file);
it returns null.

The other picture is a picture from my camera (Canon EOS1000), which has
lots of metadata.

I've set the JPEG comment on this image with exiftool (exiftool
-comment=foo file.jpg), I read the metadata:
IImageMetadata meta = Sanselan.getMetadata(file);

the metadata is a JpegImageMetadata object, I go trough everything in
meta.getItems(), and meta.getExif().getAllField() without finding the
jpeg comment. meta.getPhotoshop() is empty, and meta.getRawImageData()
returns null.

Is there a way to get the JPEG comment with sanselan?