commons-user mailing list archives

From "Neil Aggarwal" <n...@JAMMConsulting.com>
Subject [dbcp] Connections not validated even with validation query and test on borrow
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:45:45 GMT
Hello:

I have the following code in my app to get a connection
pool to a MySQL database:

    String dbUri = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb";
    ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
DriverManagerConnectionFactory(dbUri,user,password);
    GenericObjectPool connectionPool = new GenericObjectPool(null);
    connectionPool.setMinEvictableIdleTimeMillis(5*60*1000);
    connectionPool.setTimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis(15*60*1000);
    new
PoolableConnectionFactory(connectionFactory,connectionPool,null,"select
1",false,true);

((org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool)connectionPool).setTestOnBo
rrow(true);
    return new PoolingDataSource(connectionPool);

I have a long running cron job that is giving me this error:

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 41,120,156 milliseconds
ago.
is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should
consider
either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your
application,
increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the C
onnector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.

So, it looks like the connection validation is not happening.

Did I do something wrong in my code?

Thanks,
  Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (972)834-1565, http://UnmeteredVPS.net/centos
Virtual private server with CentOS 6 preinstalled