commons-user mailing list archives

From Vinicius Carvalho <java.vinic...@gmail.com>
Subject Commons Configuration - Variable interpolation not working
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:29:13 GMT
Hi there! I'm trying to get Variable interpolation to work. But it seems
that either I missed something at the docs or there's a bug here.

All I need is to replace a ${app} on my properties file to contain a string
instead

so whenever I have ${app}.maxUsers=10 I want AppName.maxUsers=10

Here's some code:

private class AppInterpolator extends StrLookup{
@Override
public String lookup(String var) {
return "#{"+appName+"}";
}
 }

ConfigurationInterpolator.registerGlobalLookup("app", new
AppInterpolator());
config = new CompositeConfiguration();
PropertiesConfiguration localProps = new
PropertiesConfiguration(this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource(PROPERTIES_FILE_NAME));
this.config.addConfiguration(localProps);

But after using config.getProperty("") I've noticed that the property here
is ${app}.maxUsers and not AppName.maxUsers

I've also noticed that it seems that PropertiesFile does not reference
ConfigurationInterpolator at all.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards