commons-user mailing list archives

From Tim Bessie <tbes...@meez.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] Any way to tell with CompositeConfiguration which child Config object a value is derived?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:34:29 GMT
Thanks Oliver - unfortunately, that is not quite the same issue I'm talking
about.
Mostly, this is because I want to use CompositeConfiguration; I don't
require structure in my configurations and don't want to have to deal with
the concepts CombinedConfiguration uses (nodes, views, etc.).

Just a simple, layered configuration concept like CompositeConfiguration
provides, and the ability to say "where did the value for this key come
from", not "what is the ONLY configuration object this key is defined in".

Perhaps we need another method - getFirstSource(String key), where the
source config returned is the one where key is first defined in the child
configurations, regardless of whether that key is defined again in a later
child config?

Where would I request such a feature? Would that be hard to implement?
Seems to be a common sort of requirement.

- Tim