commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Telnet: Problems automating a session
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:03:11 GMT
On 12 October 2011 17:13, Jason Dorsey <Jason.Dorsey@netiq.com> wrote:
> Thanks Daniel,
>
> I tried that and still no joy, but I think that I see the issue now.
>
> Upon inspecting the traces that work vs. my own I see a very sharp difference.
>
> The server sends back:
>
> Command: Do Authentication Option
> Command: Will Echo
> Command: Will Suppress Go Ahead
> Command: Do New Environment Option
> Command: Do Negotiate About Window Size
> Command: Do Binary Transmission
> Command: Will Binary Transmission
>
> It is expecting: (based on the trace that works)
>
> Command: Won't Authentication Option
>
> But instead I am sending it the username right away.
>
> How do I send the "Won't Authenticate Option" command?
>
> I think this requires the use of a TelnetCommand and TelnetOption, but I am unsure of
the format.

Have you studied the example:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/net/trunk/src/main/java/examples/telnet/TelnetClientExample.java?view=markup

> Jason Dorsey | Engineering Intern

to issue one command and then exit. When I use the commons telnet library I am able to connect
and successfully run the command, but only when I interact with the prompt. When I try and
simulate just issuing the commands it does not work. What seems to be happening is that instead
of writing each command as a separate packet, all the commands are being sent in the same
packet (validated this with wireshark).