commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] <invoke> element
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:22:46 GMT
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Dark.Rider85 <dark.rider85@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi!
> I dealt with the <invoke> element of scxml a little. That element is used to
> call external services. I was thinking about calling an external service of
> the type "scxml" but I have no idea how to do that properly.
<snip/>

Type "scxml" is reserved and has specific semantics of invoking
another state machine. If your external service isn't one, you should
use a different type that you define and register an Invoker
implementation for that type with the executor.

> I consulted the
> working draft but it did not really help me. I have problems in
> understanding the way to use it. Do I have to provide an implementation
> which extends "Invoke"? Is there any simple example which illustrates the
> proper use of the invoke element? Or should I use another way to call that
> external service of the type scxml?

<snap/>

The interface is called org.apache.commons.scxml.invoke.Invoker, you
can read more here [1] and click on the "Frames" click top right to
browse the rest of that Java package.

-Rahul

[1] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/0.9/apidocs/org/apache/commons/scxml/invoke/Invoker.html