commons-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ahmed.elma...@gmail.com>
Subject binomial random generator
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 03:15:21 GMT
Hello friends,

I am using the following code in a program I am writing:
    private static JDKRandomGenerator rg = new JDKRandomGenerator();
    private static RandomDataImpl randBinomial = new RandomDataImpl(rg);

However, it is slowing down things very much. When I replace generator with
a java.util.Random object it works fine without the performance issues. Is
that expected with this library? Is there any work around? My programs are
very time consuming and I have been repeatedly running them. I really need
some tips if there is anything I can do to enhance the performance.

Thanks very much!
Ahmed