commons-user mailing list archives

From Steven Siebert <smsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons FTP Access file twice parallelly
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:31:22 GMT
So I understand...you changed the server side of this from a Unix to Windows
server, and your application is working now?  Can you have more than one
simultaneous connection with the unix server when not downloading the same
file?  I'm asking about this because I experienced a similar situation where
the server side was restricting my number of connections and I had to add
thread/connection throttling to one of my simple apps support the different
server configurations.

I'm wondering why you want to download the file twice over (I assume) the
WAN instead of grabbing the remote copy once and doing a local copy...it
would be nicer on both the remote server and the associated network
segments.  It would also solve your parallel download issue without having
to do any more diagnosis.