commons-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Pitts <Dan...@coloraura.com>
Subject Re: Telnet: Problems automating a session
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:29:05 GMT
Try calling outputStream.flush() after each command.

Thanks,
Daniel.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 12, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Jason Dorsey <Jason.Dorsey@netiq.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Very new to java socket programming and I am having an issue with automating a session
to issue one command and then exit. When I use the commons telnet library I am able to connect
and successfully run the command, but only when I interact with the prompt. When I try and
simulate just issuing the commands it does not work. What seems to be happening is that instead
of writing each command as a separate packet, all the commands are being sent in the same
packet (validated this with wireshark).

> What I have checked.
>

> 1.       The batch file does work locally on the system.
>
> 2.       The command does work when typed into a telnet session (validated with tcpview).
>
> 3.       The non-working version does connect to the remote system.
>
> 4.       The correct auth information is being passed to the function call.
>
> Setup that works:
>

> Just like the weather demo
>
> My faulty setup:
>
> Append the user, pass, command and exit strings with "\r\n". (user += "\r\n";)
> And with each item I:
>                Convert them into a ByteArrayInputStream (in = new ByteArrayInputStream(user.getBytes());)
>                Invoke Util.copyStream (Util.copyStream(in, remoteOutput); ) // where
remoteOutput is the telnet's outputstream