commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [math] looking for a broad reference paper
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 17:44:42 GMT
Le 26/10/2011 16:40, Phil Steitz a écrit :
> On 10/26/11 7:20 AM, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> One of the researcher I am working with (and who will soon start using
>> Apache Commons Math and Orekit) is looking for "a short article (no more
>> than 10 pages) that discusses the evolution of scientific data
>> communication technology and rates from 1960 to present".
>
> What do you mean by "and rates?"

I'm not sure. I copied his question to me verbatim, precisely to avoid
introducing a wrong interpretation (he is a US citizen, I'm not a native
English speaker).

> Also, by "communication technology" do you mean, like, the web?  Or
> are you talking about signal processing? Data representation?
> Presentation?  Something else?

I think he speaks about data links (say physical measurements devices
you can find in laboratories, particle accelerators ... or Earth
observation satellites ;-)

Luc