commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Daemon] CPPFLAGS ignored on HP-UX
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 20:54:45 GMT
On 10/20/2011 10:10 PM, 1983-01-06@gmx.net wrote:
>> On 10/20/2011 01:08 PM, 1983-01-06@gmx.net wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> smartld@blnn721x -
>> ~/apache-tomcat-7.0.22/bin/commons-daemon-1.0.7-native-src/unix
>>> bash $ export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/java6/include/hp-ux"
>>>

>> try with
>> $ make EXTRA_CFLAGS=-I/opt/java6/include/hp-ux
>
> Mladen,
>
> this should do but according to ./configure --help this should always go to CPPFLAGS.
This is how I did for libtcnative and other projects.
> It is a workaround rather than a solution.
>
> I have taken a look at the configure.in script of libtcnative and they automatically
search for the basedir where java_md.h is located. This could be easily adopted.

Yes. Current configure has lots of archaic code that checks
for things like SableVM nad Kaffe.
This needs to get cleaned up.

Fancy to create a JIRA ticket so it doesn't get forgotten?

Regards
--
^TM