commons-user mailing list archives

From Peru Radakichenan <>
Subject SCXML - VXML integration
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 22:15:28 GMT
I have limited to no knowledge in Java (I have a team member who installed the SCXML engine
for me), My java developer has not worked on VXM before. I mostly work on VXML, lately after
reading though SCXML, I am very much interested in knowing if I can use SCXML for developing
my voice applications. I really like the way the state machine traverses through the flow.
Below are my questions
1. My voice application invokes an SCXML file. SCXML application enters the initial state
and in that state there is an invoke tag to invoke my VXML application. On completion of VXML
application, SCXML should continue traversing through the state machine to go into the next
state. Please let me know if it is doable. I have enclosed my sample SCXML application and
the corresponding VXML pages as reference.
2. If it is doable, please explain how it is done. Please send me some java samples. I will
pass on that to my Java developer.
Thanks a ton.

Thanks and Regards,
Cell: 310-251-8589