commons-user mailing list archives

From "Cao, Li" <L...@amfam.com>
Subject RE: [daemon] Procrun (Prunsrv) classpath wildcard not working on AMD 64
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:48:52 GMT
Some background about the app I am trying to wrap as a service: it is a
server app packaged as a JAR that we purchased. To run it, you launch a
Java class. To stop it, you launch a different Java class (in the same
JAR) in a separate Java process which sends a message through socket to
the app so that the app shut down "gracefully."

The reason I am pursuing the java mode is because if I launch the app
(it is a server type app) in JVM mode, I cannot reliably stop the
service using the stopper (configured either in java or JVM mode). A lot
of times I got this error message:

	Cound not stop the myService service on local Computer.
	Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control
request in a timely fashion.

I don't have this issue if I configure procrun to use java mode for both
the app and the stopper.

Now back to the classpath issue, I am using Java 6 which itself can
expand the wildcard in classpath. I know procrun has to support earlier
JVMs, but isn't procrun just passing the classpath argument to the
java.exe in java mode?

Thanks!

Li