commons-user mailing list archives

From Francisco Serrano <francisco.serr...@multicom.co.uk>
Subject [vfs] Problem accessing SFTP (VFS2)
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:42:57 GMT
Hello,

I've been trying to access to an SFTP server to download a 500MB file
using VFS v1 and I'm always getting a Java heap space error (even after
increasing the memory for the JVM). Because of that I'm using VFS v2 now
but at the moment it tries to get the InputStream to start reading the
file it gets stuck, it's not able to get the InputStream, no matter the
size of the file, it's getting stucked with big file or very small
files. If I use version 1 I can get the InputStream but I get the Java
heap space error, but with version 2 I'm not even able to get the
InputStream.
As I said, I'm using VFS 2 and jsch 0.1.44.

These are the lines of code:

DefaultFileSystemManager manager = new StandardFileSystemManager();
manager.setCacheStrategy(CacheStrategy.MANUAL);
manager.init();
FileSystemOptions options = new FileSystemOptions();
SftpFileSystemConfigBuilder.getInstance().setStrictHostKeyChecking(options,
"no");
SftpFileObject ftpFile = (SftpFileObject)
manager.resolveFile(getXmlFullPath(fileName), options);
Scanner in = new Scanner(new InputStreamReader(ftpFile.getInputStream(),
StringStatics.CHARSET_UTF_8));

It gets stuck in the last line.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Francisco Serrano.

--
Multicom Products Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (Registered Number
2447353 Wales) with its registered office at 33 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6AS.

This email is confidential to the addressee and may contain privileged information.  If you
have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please
delete it from your system and contact the sender immediately. You are not permitted to use
or copy this email or its attachments nor may you disclose the same to any third party.  Unauthorised
use or disclosure of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful.

We reserve the right to intercept and read emails sent or received by our employees. This
is to ensure compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. If you do
not wish for your communications to be subjected to such scrutiny, you should not communicate
via this email system.

We endeavour to exclude viruses and other malware from our data but it is the responsibility
of the recipient to scan all emails and attachments for viruses before opening them. We accept
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Email may not be completely secure or error free, can be intercepted or corrupted and may
arrive late or not at all. Anyone who communicates with us by email accepts these risks.