commons-user mailing list archives

From Timo Rumland <>
Subject Re: [io] Should "FileUtils.writeByteArrayToFile(...)" not use a BufferedOutputStream?
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 16:45:53 GMT
Hello everyone,

sorry to bump this, but does anyone not have a comment to my question?
I really think I missed something, I can't imagine that the Commons IO
"forgot" to buffer the bytes that should be written to a file.

Please see my original question below.

Thanks a lot!

> Hello,

> I recently started using the FileUtils class of Commons IO, and had a
> quick look into the source code.

> The method "FileUtils.writeByteArrayToFile(...)" internally uses the
> private method "openOutputStream(...)", which creates (after some
> smart checks) an FileOutputStream.

> But, shouldn't "writeByteArrayToFile(...)" or "openOutputStream(...)"
> not use/create a BufferedOutputStream, wrapping the FileOutputStream?

> Or do I overlook something?

> I think one should always buffer the bytes when writing to a file...

> Any thoughts?

> Thanks !

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: