commons-user mailing list archives

From Timo Rumland <>
Subject Re: [io] Should "FileUtils.writeByteArrayToFile(...)" not use a BufferedOutputStream?
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:28:48 GMT

> In this case we call FileOutputStream.write(byte[]) so the array
> should be output in one shot.

that means, that there is no need to buffer anything, right? The bytes
get written with one call to "write( byte[] )".

So I was wrong, I thought about writing one byte after another to a
file, which must be bufferd, but this is not the case for
"FileUtils.writeByteArrayToFile(...)". The byte-array is already the
buffer itself, which gets written as a whole.

Well, thanks a lot for your help, learning never stops :)

Best regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message