commons-user mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jdk compatibility]Using commons libraries on java 6
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:17:24 GMT
Simple answer: They're probably fine. JDBC is the only item that
usually causes trouble.

To be more sure, go to SVN and check out the source code for each.
Then build it under JDK 6.

Upgrading to the latest versions of these would also be useful.
Although we may release a component by using a specific JDK, chances
are most of the development was done on a more modern version. For
example while Lang 3.0 is officially built under JDK 1.5, I used JDK 6
for all my development until that final release build.

Hen