commons-user mailing list archives

From Marzieh Ayati <msay...@gmail.com>
Subject [MATH]: question about HypergeometricDistributionImpl class
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:20:51 GMT
Hi,

I am using the commons-Math library. I have used the
HypergeometricDistributionImpl. I used upperCumulativeProbability method. I
have got some probability greater that 1 which is impossible.
I would appreciate if you can help me to know why it happens.

Thanks, in advance, for your kind help.

//********************************************************
//My method to compute pvalue
   public static double HyperDist(int allgenes, int numberOfgenesinpathway,
int numberofxoy , int commongene){
       HypergeometricDistributionImpl hyper = new
HypergeometricDistributionImpl(allgenes, numberOfgenesinpathway,
numberofxoy) ;
       return hyper.upperCumulativeProbability(commongene);
    }

--

Regards,
Marzieh Ayati