commons-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] Has anybody got PKZIP installed and could help the dev team?
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:09:17 GMT
On 2011-08-14, Sarel Botha wrote:

> I have it. This would be an old DOS version. Looks like it won't run
> on Win7 64 bit, but I have a WinXP virtual machine I can use for this.

It would have to be at least version 4.5 (or one that supports the spec
of version 4.5, not sure which version of PKZIP this corresponds to) as
it has to support Zip64 extensions itself.

The "64" in Zip64 is the number of bits used to represent the size of an
entry and is not related to the register width of your CPU.

DOS version makes me supsect it might be too old.

Thanks

        Stefan