commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ji, Jason" <>
Subject [dbcp] pool exhuasted
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:00:37 GMT
Hi Guys,
I see this exceptions in our production :

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get a connection, pool error: Pool exhausted
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.connect(
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(

we use mysql and we set the maxconnections to 100
 when the problem happens , we  checked the db connection from mysql  by running this :
mysql> show full processlist;
and  we only see 4 connections on mysql .

so apparently there is no connection leak , since the there are only 4 connecitons on mysql
and our maxiConnections size is 100.

Restarting the app fixed the problem ,and during the problem happens ,the traffic didn't peak

Does anyone happen to run into the same situation ?  or any suggestions ?
Is there any known bug that similar to this , say the counter is miscounted or something else
We use version 1.4 .