commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ji, Jason" <...@ea.com>
Subject [dbcp] pool exhuasted
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:00:37 GMT
Hi Guys,
I see this exceptions in our production :

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get a connection, pool error: Pool exhausted
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.connect(PoolingDriver.java:188)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:207)

we use mysql and we set the maxconnections to 100
 when the problem happens , we  checked the db connection from mysql  by running this :
mysql> show full processlist;
and  we only see 4 connections on mysql .

so apparently there is no connection leak , since the there are only 4 connecitons on mysql
and our maxiConnections size is 100.

Restarting the app fixed the problem ,and during the problem happens ,the traffic didn't peak
.

Does anyone happen to run into the same situation ?  or any suggestions ?
Is there any known bug that similar to this , say the counter is miscounted or something else
?
We use version 1.4 .

Thanks,
Jason