commons-user mailing list archives

From "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>
Subject Re: zipFile.getEntries() not containing archive root folder?
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 08:39:26 GMT
On 08/13/2011 07:19 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> If you use some ZIP tool with a UI like "Windows Compressed Folders",
> WinZip, 7ZIP or PKZIP they will show you the folders even if those are
> not part of the archive - they simply don't have any other way to
> visualize the entries.

That was it. Trying unzip -l ARCHIVE on my linuxbox showed no explicit
entry for the directory, although that is created by GUI tools when
extracting the archive. The "Archive Managher" GUI tool however shows a
dir inferred by the entry names, e.g.:

rootfolder/filename.pdf

The zip came from a rather non-techie client as a testcase, will need to
check out how it was created. This may not be a bug but it could be a
valid a feature request, e.g. a flag to control whether entries should
be constructed for such folders.

In my case I need to iterate for folders first and make appropriate
business/DB calls before actually extracting each file so this is a
liability I accidentally stumbled upon before going live ;-)

Many thanks for your patience and help.

Manos