commons-user mailing list archives

From Hippo Man <hippo.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jxpath] Passing casting information within a path-based setter?
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 01:02:01 GMT
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 20:54, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Quick potential suggestions:
>
> - Set some property on the parent, and query it in your factory
> - Subclass TheObject and override the dataArray accessors to TheChild[]
> - Use a different factory instance that does what you want

Thank you. My proposed fix already would use another factory
instance. That's where my custom createObject() method lives.
But that factory instance would still have to figure out how to
cast the items based on _some_ information, which I hoped
that I could embed within the xpath setter.

If there are no such things as comments within these xpath
setters (which I could read at run time via the "name" parameter
to createObject), then I guess I'll have to figure out a way to
store this information as properties of the objects, themselves
... or something.

Oh well ... (sigh)

Thanks again!

--