commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [NET] Help with change directory
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:06:15 GMT
On 26 July 2011 14:49, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 July 2011 14:41, Diane Baumgartner <poindextra@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply,
>>
>> I'll retest, but I believe that previous versions of the code also hung on getReplyString
and getReplyCode after the change directory.

> Very unlikely.
>
>> Is it OK to use getReplyCode followed by getReplyString to output both the code
and description?

> Yes, see the example code.
>
>> Also, by FTPClient example code, do you mean the examples in the JavaDoc, or are
there examples somewhere else I haven't found yet?

> The file src/main/java/examples/ftp/FTPClientExample.java which is in
> the commons-net-3.0.1-bin archive (and the source archive).
>
>> PS - I also tried to go to the FAQ linked to by the NET main page, but it was a bad
link.  Is there a specific place to report stuff like that?

> JIRA

But don't bother - it's been fixed (website will sync in a few hours).
Meanwhile the URL is

http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Net/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

>> Thanks again for your help.

on my local server to an FTP server on the same network.

>> First, please prefix the subject line with the Commons component; in
>> this case [NET] as I have done in this reply.
>>
>>> First, I'd like to make sure that changeWorkingDirectory() changes the directory
on the remote machine.  It's not clear from the documentation.

>> The command corresponds with the standard FTP command CWD, which
>> attempts to change the remote directory.
>>
>>> The first thing hat happens is that the "Change Directory didn't work" prints
out.  but I don't know what went wrong.
>>> So, I'm trying to use getReply() for more information, but my program hangs on
that line.  I know this becuase the line before it prints, but not the line after it.