commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [NET] Help with change directory
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:49:20 GMT
On 26 July 2011 14:41, Diane Baumgartner <poindextra@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> I'll retest, but I believe that previous versions of the code also hung on getReplyString
and getReplyCode after the change directory.

Very unlikely.

> Is it OK to use getReplyCode followed by getReplyString to output both the code and
description?

Yes, see the example code.

> Also, by FTPClient example code, do you mean the examples in the JavaDoc, or are there
examples somewhere else I haven't found yet?

The file src/main/java/examples/ftp/FTPClientExample.java which is in
the commons-net-3.0.1-bin archive (and the source archive).

> PS - I also tried to go to the FAQ linked to by the NET main page, but it was a bad link.
Is there a specific place to report stuff like that?

JIRA

> Thanks again for your help.

on my local server to an FTP server on the same network.

> First, please prefix the subject line with the Commons component; in
> this case [NET] as I have done in this reply.
>
>> First, I'd like to make sure that changeWorkingDirectory() changes the directory
on the remote machine.  It's not clear from the documentation.

> The command corresponds with the standard FTP command CWD, which
> attempts to change the remote directory.
>
>> The first thing hat happens is that the "Change Directory didn't work" prints out.
but I don't know what went wrong.
>> So, I'm trying to use getReply() for more information, but my program hangs on that
line.  I know this becuase the line before it prints, but not the line after it.