commons-user mailing list archives

From James Carman <jcar...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Help with change directory
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 00:07:20 GMT
Try vfs
On Jul 25, 2011 4:42 PM, "Diane Baumgartner" <poindextra@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm new to Apache Commons  (3.0.1), and am writing a Java program to FTP a
file on my local server to an FTP server on the same network.

> First, I'd like to make sure that changeWorkingDirectory() changes the
directory on the remote machine.  It's not clear from the documentation.

> The first thing hat happens is that the "Change Directory didn't work"
prints out.  but I don't know what went wrong.  So, I'm trying to use
getReply() for more information, but my program hangs on that line.  I know
this becuase the line before it prints, but not the line after it.