commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [lang] Advise needed for broken reflectionEquals in WebLogic 10.3.5
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:14:41 GMT
ReflectionEquals uses actual fields, not methods, to build the string
output. The underscore is actually a known convention by some Java
programmers (I don't subscribe to it but projects like Apache Tapestry
use underscore for ALL their fields). So I don't think underscore is
suitable to be excluded. However, perhaps as an enhancement the
builder could be configured with a list of prefixes to ignore. If
that's what you want, please open up a JIRA issue for consideration.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Cancrinus, Bas
<cancrinus_b@schiphol.nl> wrote:
> I'm currently migrating an EAR from WebLogic 10.3.3 to 10.3.5. While testing I noticed
that the following invocation returned false while I expected true (lang 2.5):

> EqualsBuilder.reflectionEquals(Object lhs, Object rhs, String[] excludeFields)
>
> I noticed in my debugger that my domain classes were extended by the WebLogic JPA provider
with the following field:

> protected org.eclipse.persistence.queries.FetchGroup _persistence_fetchGroup
>
> EqualsBuilder.reflectionAppend() (lang 2.5-3.0) only ignores:
>
> -          "$" in field names
>
> -          static modifiers
>
> -          transients (conditional)
>
> -          and of course the excludeFields array
>
> The JPA extension field mentioned above doesn't fall into any of those categories, so
it is appended to the equals result.

> The easy way out for me would be to add this field to all reflectionEquals excludeFields
arrays, but I'm looking for a more sustainable way to do this.

> -          What do you think about patching EqualsBuilder.reflectionAppend() so
that it ignores this field ( f.startsWith("_") )?

> -          Are there any other better ways to fix this issue?
>
> I appreciate any help very much!
>
> Have a nice day,
> Bas
>

> P: Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

> This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material. You are requested not to
disclose, copy or distribute any information thereof. If you are not the intended recipient
(or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this
e-mail. We accept no liability for damage related to data and/or documents which are communicated
by electronic mail.