commons-user mailing list archives

From David Hoffer <dhoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] Email attachment is inline for some reason
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:11:32 GMT
I've had another email failure this time it's usage with no attachment.
I'll paste the code below.  It's dropping the subject...same as the other
case.  Note that (No Subject) is being added by GMail on the receiving side
as all emails with no subject show that.

try {
            Email email = new SimpleEmail();
            email.setHostName("smtp.gmail.com");
            email.setSmtpPort(587);
            final String gMailUsername = appProperties.getGMailUsername();
            email.setAuthenticator(new DefaultAuthenticator(gMailUsername,
appProperties.getGMailPassword()));
            email.setTLS(true);
            email.setFrom(gMailUsername);
            email.setSubject("App System Error");
            email.setMsg(msg);
            String[] toEmails = appProperties.getSystemErrorSendToEmails();
            for (String toEmail : toEmails) {
                email.addTo(toEmail);
            }
            email.send();
        } catch (EmailException e) {
            log.error("Failed to send system email", e);
        }

Thanks,
-Dave