commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Hoffer <dhoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] Email attachment is inline for some reason
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 13:31:48 GMT
Or can/should I configure commons-email to use geronimo?

-Dave

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 7:25 AM, David Hoffer <dhoffer6@gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't think so at first...but yes I do have
> geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.3.jar & geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.2.jar
> plus a bunch of other geronimo-xxx jars.  I'm not sure where these came from
> but I do use CXF (web service) so I'm guessing geronimo is used by CXF.
> Also I have activation-1.1.jar and mail-1.4.1.jar used by
> commons-email-1.2.jar.
>
> Is that the problem that I have two mail jars?  Can I safely exclude the
> geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.3.jar & geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.2.jar
> from CXF's dependencies?
>
> Thanks,
> -Dave
>
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Siegfried Goeschl <
> siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at> wrote:
>
>> More specifically - do you have the geronimo mail libraries in your
>> classpath?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Siegfried Goeschl
>>
>>
>> On 06.07.11 14:28, James Carman wrote:
>>
>>> Are you sure you have a clean classpath?
>>>
>>> Sent from my Android device.  Please excuse typos and brevity.
>>> On Jul 6, 2011 8:12 AM, "David Hoffer"<dhoffer6@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>>> I've had another email failure this time it's usage with no attachment.
>>>> I'll paste the code below. It's dropping the subject...same as the other
>>>> case. Note that (No Subject) is being added by GMail on the receiving
>>>> side
>>>> as all emails with no subject show that.
>>>>
>>>> try {
>>>> Email email = new SimpleEmail();
>>>> email.setHostName("smtp.gmail.**com <http://smtp.gmail.com>");
>>>> email.setSmtpPort(587);
>>>> final String gMailUsername = appProperties.**getGMailUsername();
>>>> email.setAuthenticator(new DefaultAuthenticator(**gMailUsername,
>>>> appProperties.**getGMailPassword()));
>>>> email.setTLS(true);
>>>> email.setFrom(gMailUsername);
>>>> email.setSubject("App System Error");
>>>> email.setMsg(msg);
>>>> String[] toEmails = appProperties.**getSystemErrorSendToEmails();
>>>> for (String toEmail : toEmails) {
>>>> email.addTo(toEmail);
>>>> }
>>>> email.send();
>>>> } catch (EmailException e) {
>>>> log.error("Failed to send system email", e);
>>>> }
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> -Dave
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Siegfried Goeschl<
>>>> siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at>  wrote:
>>>>
>>>>  Hi David,
>>>>>
>>>>> that sound a little bit strange - can you have a look at the JUnit
>>>>> tests?
>>>>> There is an "EmailLiveTest" which allows sending real emails with a bit
>>>>>
>>>> of
>>>
>>>> tinkering - I suggest to have a look at the test, configure them to send
>>>>> test emails to your email account and then double-check your production
>>>>> code.
>>>>>
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>
>>>>> Siegfried Goeschl
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 06.07.11 05:46, David Hoffer wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>  I have a strange problem. I've used commons-email for a while now
>>>>>> with good success but now all of the sudden it isn't working right
and
>>>>>> I don't know why. The emails have 3 problems:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 1. Although I attach a file to the email as an attachment it is
>>>>>> received inline as base64 encoded text. I.e. my code does this:
>>>>>> attachment.setDisposition(****EmailAttachment.ATTACHMENT);
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2. The subject is replaced with this: (no subject)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 3. The from and reply to email addresses are dropped and replaced
with
>>>>>> the email address used in as the authenticator.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This is only a problem when I run the code on the production server
>>>>>> which is Linux (hosted virtual server). It works as expected on
>>>>>> Windows during test. This code on the Linux server used to work but
>>>>>> it was a prior build, not sure what changed but nothing in the email
>>>>>> code changed...just a different file being sent with different
>>>>>> description.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Any ideas why these three things might be occurring?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -Dave
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  ------------------------------****----------------------------**
>>> --**---------
>>>
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.**apa**che.org<http://apache.org>
>>>>>> <
>>>>>>
>>>>> user-unsubscribe@commons.**apache.org<user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org>
>>> >
>>>
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  ------------------------------****----------------------------**
>>>>> --**---------
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.**apa**che.org<http://apache.org>
>>>>> <
>>>>>
>>>> user-unsubscribe@commons.**apache.org<user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org>
>>> >
>>>
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
>>
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.**apache.org<user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org>
>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org
>>
>>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message