commons-user mailing list archives

From David Hoffer <dhoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] Email attachment is inline for some reason
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 13:25:25 GMT
I didn't think so at first...but yes I do have
geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.3.jar & geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.2.jar
plus a bunch of other geronimo-xxx jars.  I'm not sure where these came from
but I do use CXF (web service) so I'm guessing geronimo is used by CXF.
Also I have activation-1.1.jar and mail-1.4.1.jar used by
commons-email-1.2.jar.

Is that the problem that I have two mail jars?  Can I safely exclude the
geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.3.jar & geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.2.jar
from CXF's dependencies?

Thanks,
-Dave

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Siegfried Goeschl <
siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at> wrote:

> More specifically - do you have the geronimo mail libraries in your
> classpath?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>

> On 06.07.11 14:28, James Carman wrote:
>
>> Are you sure you have a clean classpath?
>>
>> Sent from my Android device.  Please excuse typos and brevity.
>> On Jul 6, 2011 8:12 AM, "David Hoffer"<dhoffer6@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> I've had another email failure this time it's usage with no attachment.
>>> I'll paste the code below. It's dropping the subject...same as the other
>>> case. Note that (No Subject) is being added by GMail on the receiving
>>> side
>>> as all emails with no subject show that.
>>>
>>> try {
>>> Email email = new SimpleEmail();
>>> email.setHostName("smtp.gmail.**com <http://smtp.gmail.com>");
>>> email.setSmtpPort(587);
>>> final String gMailUsername = appProperties.**getGMailUsername();
>>> email.setAuthenticator(new DefaultAuthenticator(**gMailUsername,
>>> appProperties.**getGMailPassword()));
>>> email.setTLS(true);
>>> email.setFrom(gMailUsername);
>>> email.setSubject("App System Error");
>>> email.setMsg(msg);
>>> String[] toEmails = appProperties.**getSystemErrorSendToEmails();
>>> for (String toEmail : toEmails) {