commons-user mailing list archives

From theUser BL <theuse...@hotmail.com>
Subject New BCEL version?
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:03:19 GMT

Hi!

When comes out a new version of BCEL?
I think at SVN there is a long time a pre 5.3 version in it.
I have now uploaded it at
http://jbaindi.googlecode.com/files/bcel-5.3-svn.zip
And here a little file, to create easily a bcel-5.3-svn.zip on Linux/Un*x:
http://jbaindi.googlecode.com/files/get_bcel.sh

I think BCEL have some advantages over Objectweb ASM and other one.
For example for reflection it don't depends on Java reflection. So the classes don't need
to be in the classpath.
I know, that it isn't so fast like SVN. But a tool like SVN have to be more things like creating
code. Reflection is one of that additional things.

In ASM for example the files
- org.objectweb.asm.MethodType
- org.objectweb.asm.MethodType
using the Java reflection files
- import java.lang.reflect.Constructor
- import java.lang.reflect.Method

On the other side, ASM is fast. For example with ReflectASM
http://code.google.com/p/reflectasm/
existing a fast reflection. But again it seems, that it depends on Java Reflection.
And BCEL definitly don't.

Greatings
theuserbl