commons-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Zip64 support
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:24:10 GMT
On 2011-07-20, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> On 2011-07-20, Chris Bamford wrote:

>>> Can someone please tell me the status of Zip64 support in
>>> commons:compress?

>> No support at all, sorry.

>>> I read that it was supposed to go into 1.1, but I don't know how to tell.

>> The people (myself included) who thought they might find time to do it
>> ran out of steam and available time prior to the release and so far
>> nobody has stepped up and provided patches to add support.

>> <> is used to track
>> (the lack of) progress.

>> I wish I had a more positive answer

> At least Java 7 will support it:

I think many of the reasons that made the Ant team develop the original
ZIP package in 2001 (permissions, file name encoding and much more) may
finally be addressed by NIO2 and some of them even in

And now we have some catching up to do, maybe we can do that in less
than 10 years 8-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message