commons-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <cbamf...@mimecast.com>
Subject Re: Zip64 support
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:38:41 GMT
Thanks.  I will look at Java 7.

Chris

On 20 Jul 2011, at 14:24, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2011-07-20, Jörg Schaible wrote:
>
>> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>> No support at all, sorry.

>>> The people (myself included) who thought they might find time to do it
>>> ran out of steam and available time prior to the release and so far
>>> nobody has stepped up and provided patches to add support.
>
>>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMPRESS-36> is used to track
>>> (the lack of) progress.
>
>>> I wish I had a more positive answer
>
>> At least Java 7 will support it:
>> http://blogs.oracle.com/xuemingshen/entry/zip64_support_for_4g_zipfile
>
> Interesting.
>
> I think many of the reasons that made the Ant team develop the original
> ZIP package in 2001 (permissions, file name encoding and much more) may
> finally be addressed by NIO2 and some of them even in java.util.zip
> directly.
>
> And now we have some catching up to do, maybe we can do that in less
> than 10 years 8-)
>
> Stefan

Chris Bamford
Software Engineer

2 - 8 Balfe Street
Kings Cross,
London, N1 9EG

mobile +44 7860 405292
tel: +44 (0) 207 843 2300
web www.mimecast.com

The information contained in this communication from cbamford@mimecast.com is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use by user@commons.apache.org and
others authorized to receive it. If you are not user@commons.apache.org you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Mimecast Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales with the company number 4698693
VAT No. GB 832 5179 29
Registered Office:2 - 8 Balfe Street, Kings Cross London, N1 9EG Email Address: info@mimecast.com

This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.
Mimecast delivers a complete managed email solution from a single web based platform.