commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <>
Subject Re: [daemon]
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:57:16 GMT
On 07/22/2011 10:34 AM, Hans Rupp wrote:
> 2011/7/21 Mladen Turk<>
>> So i should have two jvm's, one running my non-gui stuff
> as a windows service and one running the gui as a windows
> task right?  And this two should communicate via IPC
> e.g tcp/ip right?

> But isn't that a lot of overhead if i can have it all running in one jvm
> without IPC?

Sure it is. Same thing you would need on unixes since day 0.

> Can please explain why one shouldn't use a service with a gui ? Sorry but i
> still don't understand that point.
See the section about Session 0 Isolation

I know, I know ...
You are developing a new application targeted exclusively for XP
which won't work on any contemporary windoze ;)

Lets not continue this discussion further because
its getting off-topic.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message