commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [daemon]
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:30:43 GMT
On 07/15/2011 02:19 PM, Hans Rupp wrote:

> i have 2 questions about procrun (i’m using win xp).
>

> 1. is it possible to run a jar-file as service, so that at service start the
> standard jdk6 splashscreen is showing? I always get null from
> getSplashScreen() when running as service, but when I start it from the

No. Services don't have desktop. In theory it's possible
but requires a huge pile of code and where it would be shown
on system boot when there is no users log in?

> 2.Is it possible to get rid of or at least minimize the dos-Window of
> procrun?

There is no window if started as service.
Are you referring starting the procrun from user session?
Why would you wish to do that?

Regards
--
^TM