commons-user mailing list archives

From adam.salt...@gmail.com
Subject Re: [daemon]
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:13:03 GMT
Yes. In Nix a cron job would monitor for exit status and call ant to restart. You need to ensure
consistent state for restart

Adam
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Rupp <hansj.rupp@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:58:05
To: Commons Users List<user@commons.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [daemon]

2011/7/19 Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org>

> On 07/19/2011 10:17 AM, Hans Rupp wrote:
>
>> 2011/7/18 Mladen Turk<mturk@apache.org>
>>

>>>  Thank you, this meets my first and third requirement, but how about the
>>>
>> second  one:
>>  Application must be able to recover automatically from jvm crashes
>> (service
>> restarts when terminated abnormally)
>> How can i achieve this with tasks?
>>

> Well, write an ant task and start your application via ant.
> This is the first thing that comes to my mind.
> Or write you own simple class that will exec new jvm and
> monitor it's exit value.
>
> Thanks again, but i'm not familiar with ant and don't how to write a task
that can permanently monitor my application.
I think your second suggestion isn't realy a solution, what should i do if
the monitoring jvm crashes?
I don't see how to achieve this on the "java/jvm"-layer, thats why i come to
"windows"-services which are "os"-layer (i mean a layer that can control jvm
from outside a jvm via the restart option)