commons-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [Javaflow] Weird ClassCastException and ClassNotFoundExceptions during build
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:03:40 GMT
Hey Jeff,

the good news - I was able to reproduce it with your code base.
Both the exceptions during rewrite and the exception during resume.

I haven't looked at the ASM code in a long time. Seems like there is
something fishy going on. Maybe the exceptions prevent proper
instrumentation. I would have to dig into that.

There a couple of things you can try.

- Try the ClassLoader based rewriting to see if you still get the exceptions
- Question is why the classes cannot be found. Check the classpath.
- Give the old BCEL rewriting a try. Just to compare the results.

Either way - a test case that can reproduce this in the javaflow tests
would make it much easier for me to help you out.

HTH

cheers,
Torsten