commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jexl][scxml] Change values of map in scxml
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:45:27 GMT
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Artem Vovk <vovk.artem@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>        I have a data model in my scxml file, that  defined as map:
>        <datamodel>
>                <data id="event" expr="{'key1' : 'value1', 'key2', 'value2'}">
>        </datamodel>
>
>        I want to use this data as a constructor for sending data, but I need to change
values in this data:
>        something like that
>        <data id="event_new" expr="event_new = event, but change event[key1] to
new_value ">
>        Is this possible within scxml using jexl?

<snip/>

Either using a <script> tag (unreleased, see J6 branch in SVN) or a
custom function as you mention below.

>        Another question, that may replace this functionality, is using functions:
can I define function in scxml using jexl?

<snap/>

Yes, see bottom of this page, section on "Method invocation in expressions":

  http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/contexts-evaluators.html

-Rahul