commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [daemon] Cannot execute complex SQL query when run the application with procrun
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 06:17:08 GMT
On 06/07/2011 05:37 AM, irfan romadona wrote:

> prunsrv //IS//TestSvc
> --Install=D:\INSTALLER\commons-daemon\commons-daemon-1.0.5-bin-windows\prunsrv.exe
> --StartClass=TestSVCProcRun --StartMethod=main --StartParams=start
> --StopMode=jvm --StopClass=TestSVCProcRun --StopMethod=main
> --StopParams=stop --LogPath=C:\TestSVC --StdOutput=auto --StdError=auto
>

> But after a while, the application stopped when trying to execute a long and
> complex SQL query. It rarely detected, but sometimes I catch an error like
> this in the log:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in
> tablespace TEMP
>
> And most of the time, the process stopped at SQL query execution (and it
> will be forever like that all the time). Strangely enough, the application
> and the SQL query execution works fine when it runs without service.

Not sure how oracle JDBC determines the user but if it uses the current
process token, you can end up with a different user ID asking for a TEMP
tablespace. You can make sure you have the 'known' user running a service
instead LOCAL_SERVICE/SYSTEM account.
Try with using
prunsrv //US//TestSvc --Username=you --Password=your_password
(or just use the Control panel or prunmgr.exe)
and see if it's still happening. If not, well, you have a DB problem so
you can try adding more space to the ACCT tablespace.

> Any idea on what causing this? Or could that be any additional configuration
> that I've missed? Thanks in advance.

Regards
--
^TM