commons-user mailing list archives

From Vance huang <vancehu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] trasition tag with type=internal in compound state issue
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:56:42 GMT
Hi, Rahul:

Thanks. I've opened a ticket SCXML-162 for this.

Vance
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Vance huang  wrote: > Hi, > > According to the
SCXML spec, the following was stated: > "The behavior of transitions with 'type'
of "internal" is identical, except in > the case of a transition whose source
state is a compound state and whose > target(s) is a descendant of the source.
In such a case, an internal transition > will not exit and re-enter its source
state, while an external one will, as > shown in the example below." > > I am
trying to do something similar like the following: >
                 >                               expr="entering s11"/>
                   expr="'leaving s11'"/>                > > >

     >                       >                    type="internal">
  >  > > > Assuming I am in s11 when event e fired. But it always log "leaving

s1" before > log "executing transition" which means going out of S1 even if the
internal type > was set. Am I missing something in the spec?   No, though
internal transitions are a recent addition and are not yet implemented in
Commons SCXML.  You may open an enhancement request to track this in JIRA [1].
Patches with suggested fixes are welcome as well.   > Also, I am not sure how
can I search in the archive to see if this question has > been asked before. Can
you let me know? Thanks! >   You can use a number of archives for searching,
markmail [2] is one example. More information on the project mailing lists page
[3], see two columns on far right in table on page.  -Rahul  [1]
http://commons.apache.org/scxml/issue-tracking.html [2]
http://commons.markmail.org/ [3] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/mail-lists.html