commons-user mailing list archives

From Vance huang <vancehu...@yahoo.com>
Subject [scxml] trasition tag with type=internal in compound state issue
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 23:11:15 GMT
Hi,

According to the SCXML spec, the following was stated:
"The behavior of transitions with 'type' of "internal" is identical, except in
the case of a transition whose source state is a compound state and whose
target(s) is a descendant of the source. In such a case, an internal transition
will not exit and re-enter its source state, while an external one will, as
shown in the example below."

I am trying to do something similar like the following:
   <state id="s1" initial="s11">       <onentry>         <log expr="entering

expr="entering s11"/>        </onentry>         <onexit>            <log

expr="'leaving s11'"/>         </onexit>      </state>

</onexit>      </state>            <transition event="e" target="s12"
type="internal">         <log expr="'executing transition'"/>      </transition>

</state>

Assuming I am in s11 when event e fired. But it always log "leaving s1" before
log "executing transition" which means going out of S1 even if the internal type
was set. Am I missing something in the spec?
Also, I am not sure how can I search in the archive to see if this question has
been asked before. Can you let me know? Thanks!

Vance